We have expertise in both the built and natural environment and a track-record of advising and assisting those looking to develop or manage residential, public, commercial and industrial facilities. We work with our clients to understand environmental risks, potential impacts and management requirements and ensure that they are compliant with relevant legislation, regulations and best practice.
In NIRAS, you will find a strong value-driven and trust-based culture. Our consultancy services are built on a foundation of knowledge, relevant experience and a comprehensive understanding of environmental regulation.
Our specific services
Environment, management and compliance
- Environmental strategies
- Management systems and compliance
- Due diligence
- Industrial emissions
- Risk analyses and noise calculations
Acoustics and noise
- Noise calculations and reduction
- Noise level measurements (authorized by the Danish Environmental Protection Agency)
- Documentation for compliance with noise limits for new developments and renovation projects.
- Underwater noise calculations in connection with environmental investigations and construction projects - e.g. offshore wind farms, seismic surveys and expansion of marine structures and bridges.
Environmental impact assessment and strategic environmental assessment
- Environmental impact assessments (EIA)
- Strategic environmental assessments (SEA)
Environmentally harmful substances in indoor climate
- Screening, identification, measurement, risk assessment
- Remediation of problems with harmful substances in the indoor climate
- Measurement, identification and control of harmful substances
Soil contamination and groundwater contamination
- Investigation, clean-up and development of contaminated sites
- Environmental due diligence
- Contamination investigation
- Soil management
- Geoprobe® work and development of contaminated sites.
- Mobile drilling rigs with associated mobile laboratory equipment for on-site sampling and analysis of contaminated soil, water and soil gas at depths down to 50 meters.
- Mapping of hydrogeology and pollution spreading.
Nature and aquatic environment
- Nature restoration and protection
- Water and nature plans
- Water course management
- Nature management
- Agriculture and fish farming
- Nature protection regulations and the executive order on livestock.
- eDNA analyses
EIA investigations optimised Denmark’s largest offshore wind turbine park
Europe’s first specially designed recycling facility for ships and offshore structures has been established in a Danish harbour
Vice President ENNO