In order to provide consultancy and services within power grid systems and grid connections of renewable energy, it is required to have specialist knowledge. Furthermore, it is necessary to have a profound understanding of the importance of having a flexible electricity grid system in order to ensure electrification and green transition.
It is also necessary to be up-to-date with the latest knowledge and development of new technology, data-driven intelligence, and technical requirements for the electrical components.
Through our consultancy and services within power grid systems and grid connection of renewable energy, NIRAS contributes to creating a green electricity grid system of the future, where transportation of electricity must be smart and green:
- DIgSilent Powerfactory simulations of power grid systems and grid connections of renewable energy systems
- Feasibility studies and master planning of power grid systems, weak systems and smart cities which are integrated with large amounts of renewable energy.
- Design of battery energy storage systems for power grid systems and smart-grids connected with renewable energy systems.
- Design and optimization of electrical layouts for wind farms (offshore, onshore, floating), solar PV systems and renewable energy systems connected to the grid system.
- Design, tendering, construction and commissioning of large-scale electrical infrastructure and high-voltage transformer stations for renewable energy systems (Offshore wind, solar PV, wind farms, etc.)
- Electrical Package Management of large complex EPC Offshore Wind Projects.
- Technical requirements of the electrical high voltage components within renewable energy systems in relation to best practices and in accordance with applicable standards.
- Technical interfaces and grid code requirements/compliance from TSO and utility companies for grid connection of renewable energy.
- Technical due diligence advisory to international lending banks, investment funds and electricity/energy companies.
- Technical support for FAT, SAT and commissioning of high voltage components and electrical infrastructure connected with renewable energy systems.