In the past ten years, NIRAS has been entrusted by the Swiss Development Cooperation and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs with the implementation of various large and complex projects such as
- Civil Society Support in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- The ‘Markets and Seeds Access Project’ in Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Ukraine’s Cohesion and Regional Development (UCORD) project;
- The project ‘Appui à la valorisation des PFNL’ in Tchad (support for the development of non-timber forest products in Chad);
- The Local Economic Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina project (LED in BiH).
- The Agrobiodiversity Initiative in Laos;
- The ‘From Education to Employment’ programme in Serbia;
- The ‘Active Citizen Participation’ project in Tunisia;
- The Civil Society Support Facility Programme in North Macedonia;
- Improving the District Heating Performance in Gjakova, Kosovo.
Priority areas of NIRAS Suisse
The services include in particular the planning, consulting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects as well as fund management. As part of the NIRAS Group, our team counts on extensive project experience and expertise in priority areas of Switzerland’s international cooperation.
- Economy and education: Promotion of the economy, jobs, labour market, dual vocational training and career guidance, market systems, the financial sector, financial services and digitalisation;
- Governance and democracy: Strengthening civil society, civic sector, inclusion, gender equality and governance, promoting decentralisation, basic public services, education, health, peace and stability;
- Climate and environment: Climate and environmental protection, management of natural resources, forests and biodiversity, development of agriculture and land, food security,
- Infrastructure: rural and urban development and planning, water and energy management, sanitation and hygiene.
Office in Basel, Switzerland
NIRAS Suisse AG
T: +41 79 3421009
E: Send E-mail