In the past ten years, NIRAS has been entrusted by the Swiss Development Cooperation and the State Secretariat for Economic Affairs with the implementation of various large and complex projects such as
- Ghana Private Sector Competitiveness Programme Phase II;
- Local Economic Development in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Support for the development of non-timber forest products in Chad (Appui à la valorisation des produits forestiers non ligneux’ in Tchad);
- Ukraine’s Cohesion and Regional Development (UCORD) project;
- The ‘Markets and Seeds Access Project’ in Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- Civil Society Support in Bosnia and Herzegovina;
- Improving the District Heating Performance in Gjakova, Kosovo;
- The Active Citizen Participation (PACT) project in Tunisia;
- The ‘From Education to Employment’ programme in Serbia;
- Civil Society Support Facility Programme in North Macedonia;
- Rural Economic Development in the Southern Regions of Georgia;
- The Agrobiodiversity Initiative in Laos.
Priority areas of NIRAS Suisse
The services include in particular the planning, consulting, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects as well as fund management. As part of the NIRAS Group, our team counts on extensive project experience and expertise in priority areas of Switzerland’s international cooperation.
- Economy and education: Promotion of the economy, jobs, labour market, dual vocational training and career guidance, market systems, the financial sector, financial services and digitalisation;
- Governance and democracy: Strengthening civil society, civic sector, inclusion, gender equality and governance, promoting decentralisation, basic public services, education, health, peace and stability;
- Climate and environment: Climate and environmental protection, management of natural resources, forests and biodiversity, development of agriculture and land, food security,
- Infrastructure: rural and urban development and planning, water and energy management, sanitation and hygiene.
Office in Basel, Switzerland
NIRAS Suisse AG
T: +41 79 3421009
E: Send E-mail