NIRAS is providing education and skills development experts as part of call-off assignments under the Sida framework agreement.
- SDG: #4
- SECTORS: Development Consulting
Under this Sida framework agreement, on-demand technical assistance (TA) and advisory services are at the disposal of all Sida Departments and Units through call-off assignments. Each call-off may involve the provision of specific technical support, analyses and recommendations within the education sector.
Throughout the framework, NIRAS commissions experts for Sida to provide technical support, assist in programme design and processes, and perform other specific duties required within Swedish development cooperation in the education sector and broader skills development strategies and initiatives. Assignments have included global and bilateral strategy development, appraisal of projects and advice on how to assess and promote quality issues in education initiatives.
What we do
- Support the preparations for global and bilateral advocacy and dialogue regarding education and skills development, such as analysis and writing of reports;
- Assist in the appraisal of projects/programmes for skills development, vocational training and education, and assessment of contributions at global, regional and country level;
- Provide analysis of and input to global and bilateral strategy processes e.g. through data collection, recommendations, assist in programme design and processes, technical support and analysis of socio-economic and educational indicators, including results of contributions;
- Advise on how to assess and promote quality issues in the education sector, education in emergencies and protracted crisis and in skills development initiatives and, incl. issues related to the measurement and assessment of learning outcomes;
- Make recommendations on aid modalities and their application in skills development, vocational training and the education sector; and
- Monitor and evaluate activities in the education and skills development sectors.
To learn more about this assignment