NIRAS has more than 40 years’ experience in solving complex coastal engineering challenges – nationally as well as internationally – and has in-house access to all types of specialists.
NIRAS holds profound specialist knowledge within coastal engineering, both in regards to theoretical and practical experience. We develop our projects based on a holistic perspective and often include related disciplines such as landscape architecture, environment, master planning and economics in our coastal projects. This forms robust and integrated solutions that provide additional recreative value to both nature and cities.
Our solutions are based on a profound understanding of the natural environment and local conditions. And we always use state-of-the-art numerical models (MIKE-software and CFD-models), GIS and 3D CAD software in our work.
We develop tailor-made solutions in close cooperation with the individual client and furthermore, we have extensive experience with stakeholder meetings and collaboration with authorities.
Access to all types of services
NIRAS has in-house access to all types of specialists and more than 40 years’ experience in solving multidisciplinary coastal engineering challenges. Our services include among others:
- Numerical modelling of waves, water levels and sediment transport
- Site and structure assessments
- Shoreline management plans
- Climate adaptation plans for coastal zones
- Coastal and marine structures
- Flood protection
- Integrated coastal zone management
- Sedimentation of accesses channels to ports and estuaries
- Dredging, reclamation and beach nourishment
- Coastal and waterfront development
- Environmental modelling
- Environmental impact assessment
- Risk assessment
- Cost-benefit analysis
- Concept design and detailed design
- Tender documents and Tendering
- Contract management and site supervision