SMC Consultants is a well-respected and long-established engineering consultancy in Thailand, with expertise in maritime engineering and also infrastructure and building design. With more than 40 years of experience SMC has been responsible for design of the major ports in Thailand including Phuket, Songkhla, Sri Racha and Map Ta Phut. SMC is a company punching well above our weight in this field, with the desire to grow and match our reputation in size. To be able to grow further SMC has entered into a strategic corporation with NIRAS. NIRAS is a Scandinavian engineering consultant with around 2200 employees, with specialist capabilities within Port and Maritime Engineering, as well as other core areas.
SMC and NIRAS are now seeking a senior Civil Engineer – Technical Director level - for the Bangkok office. The incumbent will report to the Managing Director of SMC.
Your key responsibilities
Overall your responsibilities will be to have the first point of contact with our Clients and assist in the managing of the execution of our projects in Thailand and the ASEAN region but also;
• Writing proposals
• Have focus on legal matters and commercial opportunities
• Establish and manage good relationships with project stakeholders
• Establish and manage the project organisation, resources, budget and schedule
• Have focus on the technical scope and the deliverables to secure the quality will be as agreed
• Estimate and manage project risk
• Mentoring of the younger staff primarily in concept design criteria and quality assurance
We expect that you have
• A master’s degree in civil engineering or another relevant technical master degree
• Thai Speaking
• More than 15 years of relevant experience from a position in project matrix organisation within a consultancy company or construction .
• Project management skills equivalent to IPMA level A/B and/or PMI PMP.
• Strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills as well as a commercial understanding and awareness.
• Coordination skills above average and a talent for driving solutions to achieve results in a fast-pace and multi-cultural environment.
Will you join our ambitious goals?
We offer a unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills and work with dedicated professionals. We are recruiting dedicated people with substantial experience within the Port and Maritime business sector. Especially for projects in Asia we are seeking experienced people to head the projects and support our staff with expertise skills.
SMC and NIRAS has a passion for innovation. We continuously invest in developing our experts and their expertise so that we can keep pace with the rapid development of the industry and deliver the most modern and futureproof solutions.
UN’s sustainable development goals including Ports and Maritime is on the top of the agenda worldwide and also at SMC and NIRAS. We contribute and support the development goal number 7,9 and 13 through among others the execution of Ports and Maritime development in Europe, Asia and Africa.
Let’s have a talk about the possibilities, please call …
Do not hesitate to call us, before you apply for the job. In this way we can have an informal talk about the job and the possibilities for our future cooperation. You are welcome to call Kim Pulsirivong, Managing Director, SMC ph. + 66 2 381 7232 / mail firstname.lastname@example.org or Christian Paulsen, Vice President, NIRAS ph. +45 2968 7177 / mail CHP@niras.dk
Please submit your application through this link.