NIRAS is a Scandinavian engineering consultant with around 2,300 employees, with specialist capabilities within Port and Maritime Engineering, as well as other core areas. From offices in Denmark, UK, Thailand and Taiwan, NIRAS Ports and Maritime provide services to clients worldwide within planning and design of ports and marine structures. Projects comprise container terminals, liquid and dry bulk terminals, ferry and ro-pax terminals as well as cruise terminals.
With a view to market the services of NIRAS Ports and Maritime internationally, we are now seeking a Business Development Manager.
It is envisaged that the Business Development Manager will be based in one of our offices in the UK (Glasgow, Dorking or Ascot).
Your key responsibilities
Overall your responsibilities will be to have the first point of contact with our Clients and assist in the managing of the execution of our projects in Africa and Asia but also;
• Develop business opportunities in relation to ports and maritime internationally and in the UK
• Increase international and domestic (UK) port projects portfolio
• Develop an international and domestic (UK) marketing strategy
• Have focus on commercial opportunities
• Establish and manage good relationships with key stakeholders in the industry
We expect that you have
• A degree in civil engineering or another relevant technical degree
• Strong background and large network in the ports and maritime industry
• More than 15 years of relevant experience from a position in project matrix organisation within a consultancy company or construction.
• Strong negotiation, communication and leadership skills as well as a commercial understanding and awareness.
Will you join our ambitious goals?
We offer a unique and challenging job where you have every opportunity to develop your skills and work with dedicated professionals. We are recruiting dedicated people with substantial experience within the Port and Maritime business sector.
NIRAS has a passion for innovation. We continuously invest in developing our experts and their expertise so that we can keep pace with the rapid development of the industry and deliver the most modern and future proof solutions.
UN’s sustainable development goals including Ports and Maritime is on the top of the agenda worldwide and also at SMC and NIRAS. We contribute and support the development goal number 7, 9 and 13 through among others the execution of Ports and Maritime development in Europe, Asia and Africa.
Let’s have a talk about the possibilities, please call …
Do not hesitate to call us, before you apply for the job. In this way we can have an informal talk about the job and the possibilities for our future cooperation. You are welcome to call Duncan MacKillop, Managing Director, NIRAS Fraenkel ( + 44 781 806 4704/ mail email@example.com or Jesper Harder, Director NIRAS Ports and Maritime (+45 2165 8398/ mail firstname.lastname@example.org )
Please apply by sending your application and CV to Anna Moeller AMOL@niras.dk