NIRAS has vast experience with the planning, design, specification and supervision of dredging and reclamation projects. Our skilled experts work in interdisciplinary teams with port and coastal engineers and other project teams.
Our dredging and reclamation services include:
- Evaluation of dredging options
- Assessment of dredging methods
- Specification of dredging and filling accuracy
- Studies of weather and sea conditions
- Spill modeling and monitoring
- Notifying the relevant authorities and applying for approval
- Evaluations of interference with vessel traffic and fishing
- Suggestions for the location of borrows, if needed
- Measurement of quantities
- Geotechnical analyses of reclamation
- Estimation of construction costs.