This Sida programme aims to strengthen SEA capacity in the participants’ organisations. The long term objective of this training programme is to increase the integration of environmental considerations into planning and decision making processes in the participants’ countries.
The training programme is built around the participants’ change Projects (CPs). The aim of the “change Project” is to build on, strengthen, or improve already ongoing SEA work that is within the mandate of the organisation.
The programme is organised by NIRAS Natura AB in collaboration with the Centre for Environment and Sustainability (GMV) at the University of Gothenburg and Chalmers University of Technology.
The contents of the programme include:
- Introduction to SEA; the concept of, and rationale for, SEA and methods and tools for conducting SEA.
- International and Swedish regulatory systems and experiences of implementation; the role of regulatory frameworks for SEA implementation and effective environmental integration.
- Good governance and implementation of SEA in practice; the institutional, political, social and economic aspects for enabling the integration of environmental considerations in strategic planning, decision making, implementation and follow-up.
- Organisational change, providing participants with organisational change theory and tools and skills for initiating, leading and managing a Change Project within an organisation.
- Total duration of programme; December 2013 - May 2015
- Course 1: In Sweden: March 17-April 4, 2014
- Course 2: In Tanzania: September 15-25, 2014
Countries eligible for application 2014
This training programme has a regional focus and the following countries are invited to nominate candidates: Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia.
CLOSED FOR APPLICATIONS