The Danida Fellowship Centre has contracted NIRAS and the Climate Innovation Centre, Kenya to implement a 2-week course in Green Growth.
The course will take place in Nakuru and Nairobi, Kenya, from 29 September to 10 October 2014.
The course will analyze and discuss the need for a green sustainable growth, as well as the business opportunities linked to green growth and will provide the participants with:
- Understanding of the concept of and the rationale behind Green Growth
- Knowledge of green business opportunities and cases
- Improved ability to identify and analyse Green Growth opportunities
- A network of national / regional actors and an understanding of potential synergies between businesses
- A knowledge platform for promoting Green Growth policies in the public system
Who can participate?
The course is designed to support green business development in the private sector in Danida partner countries in Africa and Asia.
The target group includes SMEs, trade / business association, trade unions and others in the private sector.
To be eligible, applicants must be affiliated with development cooperation activities funded by Denmark. Participants from Danida business sector programmes such as B2B, PPP and/or BSPS programmes will be given first priority. Good working knowledge of English is required.
The course is fully funded for participants from the private sector (travel, accommodation, study fee, allowances by Danida Fellowship Programme’s Private Sector Initiative. Participants affiliated with Danida funded programmes in the public sector will be charged DKK 1,500 per study week (to be paid by the programme in question).
You can find more information in our leaflet Greening the Growth (.pdf).
If you have questions please contact the course manager Henrik Borgtoft Pedersen, email@example.com or visit the DFC website at www.dfcentre.com